1. General information
The Heimdal website (website) and all intellectual rights pertaining to this Website are owned to Heimdal Security A/S (hereafter mentioned as HEIMDAL) Vestergade 2, 1456 Copenhagen, Denmark.
Heimdal Security provides cyber security products and services to users around the world. Our mission is to supply our users with high quality products and services, and an integral part of that is safeguarding the user's privacy by protecting their personal data.
In order to achieve this, we collect only absolutely necessary personal data, for specific purposes. When it comes to the collected data, our best efforts go to protecting it, either through anonymization or by pseudonymizing it.
According to the European legislation definition (Directive 95/46/EC), the following data we collect through this Website is considered personal data:
(a) 'personal data' shall mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity;
(b) 'processing of personal data' ('processing') shall mean any operation or set of operations which is performed upon personal data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction;
(c) 'personal data filing system' ('filing system') shall mean any structured set of personal data which are accessible according to specific criteria, whether centralized, decentralized or dispersed on a functional or geographical basis;
(d) 'controller' shall mean the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or any other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of processing are determined by national or Community laws or regulations, the controller or the specific criteria for his nomination may be designated by national or Community law;
(e) 'processor' shall mean a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or any other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller;
(f) 'third party' shall mean any natural or legal person, public authority, agency or any other body other than the data subject, the controller, the processor and the persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or the processor, are authorized to process the data;
(g) 'recipient' shall mean a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or any other body to whom data are disclosed, whether a third party or not; however, authorities which may receive data in the framework of a particular inquiry shall not be regarded as recipients;
(h) 'the data subject's consent' shall mean any freely given specific and informed indication of his wishes by which the data subject signifies his agreement to personal data relating to him being processed.
In this context, Heimdal Security collects and processes personal data for these specific purposes:
- To ensure the proper, effective and rightful operation of our websites, products and services, according to their technical specifications;
- To improve and customize our websites, products and services according to the users’ specific needs and to develop new features and service that can better help users achieve a higher degree of online security and privacy;
- To contact clients and/or product users or users of Heimdal Security services and websites for support, guidance or additional information they might needs about our products, websites and services;
- To collect craft analyses and market studies;
- For marketing activities related to Heimdal Security websites, products and services.
All the personal data that Heimdal Security collects is recorded, stored, managed and used on secure servers and devices that enable us to conduct these operations by respecting appropriate security measures.
All Heimdal Security websites are hosted on secure servers.
Here are the main ways that Heimdal Security can collect personal information from its users:
- A. Data provided directly by users or Heimdal Security partners;
- B. Data provided indirectly through:
- B.1. Technical data sent by Heimdal Security products installed willingly by users;
- B.2. Traffic data (log files) recorded by the servers where our websites are hosted;
- B.3. Website cookies and web beacons.
A. Data provided directly by Heimdal and partners
When you activate a Heimdal Security product or, for example, when you subscribe to one of our educational resources, we might ask for your name, surname, location and/or email address. We use this data to contact you in case of modifications, support, payment reminders or other such details.
B. Data provided indirectly
B.1. Technical data sent by Heimdal Security products
When using any of our products, we may ask you to share some technical details with us, such as data for identifying your device (type of operating system, browser type and version, Heimdal Security product logs, etc.) for support purposes or to solve a complaint you may have filed with our company.
We do this for the sole purpose of correcting and improving the usage of our websites, products and services.
We may also collect generic information (such as crash or error logs) as statistical data to improve our products.
We do not collect or store your Internet traffic or any information related to it.
B.2. Log Files
Like many other websites, https://heimdalsecurity.com/ makes use of log files. These files merely logs visitors to the site - usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services‘ analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
All this data is anonymous and cannot be traced back to specific users.
B.3. Cookies and Web Beacons
Heimdal Security may use the following services to place third-party cookies when navigating any of our websites. They objective is to provide anonymous insights for marketing, traffic analysis and social media sharing.
- Facebook Social Plugins – social media sharing
- GetSiteControl – marketing
- Google Adwords conversion – marketing
- Google Analytics – traffic analysis
- Google Tag Manager – tag management system
- Google+ - social media
- Gravatar – social media (only for blog comments)
- Hotjar – traffic analysis and feedback gathering
- LinkedIn – social media
- Thriveleads – marketing
- Twitter sharing – social media sharing
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers‘ respective websites. What Are Cookies?
2. Who has access to personal data
Heimdal Security will not disclose or share any personal data pertaining to its users to third parties without the users’ explicit consent.
However, in exceptional situations, Heimdal Security may reveal personal data to:
- Competent authorities, upon their legal request, according to the laws that apply or when it is necessary to protect Heimdal Security users. This data can be used to prevent identity fraud and other legal purposes.
- Partners, in a very limited manner. Partners can only have access to data related to their clients and they can only use this data to fulfill their contractual obligations. These Partners are under legal obligation not to share this data with third parties.
3. How to correct errors related to your personal data
When using any website, product or service provided by Heimdal Security, you will receive confirmation emails to the email address you provide. In that email, you will find details about how can modify or delete the information you provided.
We recommend you keep this confirmation email. If you need to modify details or get in touch, you can always contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will solve your request in the shortest amount of time, depending on the nature of your request.
4. Children’s Information
We believe it is important to provide enhanced protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Heimdal Security does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that Heimdal Security, through its products, websites or services, has in its database the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately (using the contact in the first paragraph) and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.